Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day

Sunday 4th July marked a major event in my handbag designing career, which was previously kept alive in my mind since 2006. It was the day my creations were manifested into actual samples to be featured in a fashion photo shoot, yay! The two weeks beforehand were a mixture of concept briefing, designing, purchasing of materials, pattern making, confusion, sewing, frustration, more confusion then voila - success! It was a huge relief to have 2 completed samples in front of me at 5am Sunday morning, 1.5 hrs before the shoot call time! Phew, I finished just in time! The shoot took place on the grounds of Centennial Park, Sydney, Australia.


                            
Reflections in the stunning grounds of Centennial Park

Dream Catcher Bag


The crew preparing the model


Super Stylist 'Pasion' on location for shot #1 


Priestess Luna Clutch, affectionately known as 'Lulu'


Textures on the tree trunks in the forest


Photographer Tiffany in action with our gorgeous model Gina Mendoza from Colombia

8 comments:

  1. Bravo Vanessa,
    Welcome to the blog world where you can share your success stories among bloggers and readers.
    The bags look fantastic. I love the dream catcher bag. I love the blue colour.

    Well done!

    Vinh
    ArtSHINE.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging.
    These bags look fantastic.
    I love the dream catcher bag and I love the blue colour. Really cool!.

    Thanks for sharing and looking forward to see the photos from the shoot.

    Vinh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, this is fantastic. I already admire your passion and commitment, and there is no doubt that this year it will all come fully to fruition. Great blog and fab bags. They are certainly one of kind, just like you :-) Love the blue! I look forward to seeing more. Congratulations, B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Papillon!! I am so happy to hear that all your hard work has come to fruition! Lulu and a dream catcher bag! Your style and butterfly ways are defiantly reflected in your bags.

    Can't wait to see the next creations!

    xo

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work V, loving it! Amazing amount of talent in you and its most definitely shining through. Looking forward to taking this journey of creativity and inspiration with you.

    Add to “my favorites”, done!

    x CeCe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the love and support my lovelies! Your words bring a huge smile to my face =D Sending loads of positive vibes right back at cha! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ma Papillon... finally you have arrived at the begining of the life you have always imagined.
    Sitting in the car, infront of my house, way past midnights so many times - dreaming of the impossible. Here you are.... showing its possible!
    x Pasion
    www.desperatelyseekingpasion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci ma Pasion, you're a constant source of inspiration =D Love our chats and dreaming sessions xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails